Johnny Cupcakes' latest peek into his new store

The latest Johnny Cupcakes video is up on Vimeo to promote the August 2nd (3 pm, 7959 Melrose Avenue) launch of his Los Angeles store. Wish we could be there to cover it live! (Watch his first video here.)


Johnny Cupcakes LA shoppe: Webisode #2 from Johnny Cupcakes on Vimeo.

He adds:

Now how about this; After going into my new LA shoppe and seeing 36 vintage oven doors that move & steam - as well as witnessing a giant 10' foot tall oven that employees walk in and out of... EVERY time those happy and/or unhappy people see an oven in their lifetime, my name/brand will probably come up in conversation. Every human looks at an oven at least two times a day, every day. "Oh my - there's this kid who opens up bakeries on expensive streets & doesn't even sell real food! On top of that, he has a poo poo load of moving/steaming vintage ovens in his store. This kid even has a 10' foot tall oven that employees walk in and out of! I don't get it?!"

Yadda yadda yadda... anyways - I just still have that prankster inside of me. I almost feel like the Willy Wonka of t-shirts. I enjoy making people feel like kids again. And I want everyone to remember me when I pass away. I don't plan on passing away anytime soon, but it would be nice to be some sort of historic wise tale that gets passed down. And if/when I do pass away, it would be nice to go down in an adventurous way - via a great white shark eating me whole.

Comments