Star Wars cupcakes from Sweet Avenue Bake Shop

Last week I was actually on the hunt for photo cupcakes in Manhattan; Brooklyn's Ivy Bakery does them but they were too far away. Anyone know of anywhere in Manhattan (or that delivers to Manhattan) that does photo cupcakes? I feel like I should know...they are so cool, as evidenced by these by Rutherford, New Jersey's Sweet Avenue Bake Shop.

They write on Flickr:

I’ll let you guys in on a little secret. Ever since we started doing printed cupcakes, I’ve been secretly hoping someone–ANYONE–would ask us to design Star Wars cupcakes for them. Well, someone finally did. We were asked to do some classic and modern Star Wars characters on cupcakes for a birthday party.

Included in the bunch are Yoda, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan, Rex, General Grievous, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Han Solo. We really loved this order. My thirteen year old self is exceedingly jealous of the birthday boy. Hell, I’m jealous right now. Really wishing I had made an extra one of these for myself, actually.


see more of their cupcake handiwork on the Sweet Avenue blog

Sweet Avenue Bake Shop
153 Park Ave.
Rutherford, NJ 07070
201.935.BAKE

Comments

Anonymous said…
Rachel,
For the record - we do deliver to Manhattan via courier; however, it's usually only cost-effective for larger orders.

Thanks for the post!
-Danielle
Sweet Avenue Bake Shop
Shell said…
Yipee for Star Wars cupcakes!!! I don't care if I'm too old, maybe for my next birthday I'll order some Luke, Vader and Yoda cupcakes for myself.