This is an occasional Cupcakes Take the Cake feature where we post cupcake want ads. All of these ads are from Craigslist and were current as of the date posted; we cannot vouch for any of them beyond that. Contact the bakeries for more information.
Sweet Cupcakes Seeking Super Sweet Team Members (Back Bay/Harvard Square)
Date: 2010-06-07, 12:47PM EDT
Reply to: email@example.com
Sweet Cupcakes is a boutique bakery providing the most amazing cupcake experience possible in multiple retail locations. Ready-to-eat seasonal specialty flavors, special decoration, and limited edition cupcakes are made, served, and delivered with care. Members of the Sweet team are passionate about their products and service.
We are seeking outgoing, happy and super-friendly Counter Staff and Supervisors to join the team at all of our retail locations including our new location on Newbury Street!
Counter Staff Job Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Showcasing exemplary customer service through a customer’s whole Sweet experience
• Knowledge of cupcake flavors and ability to communicate effectively to customers
• Working knowledge of our cash register to accurately ring through orders
• Ability to work independently
The Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of operations at the retail location while the manager is off-site, including, but not limited to, facility upkeep and maintenance, customer service, human resources, and marketing. The Supervisor is expected to do all of the duties of the Counter Staff. Additional duties include, but not limited to:
• Knowledge and ability to work all shifts and perform all tasks and duties of the store, including special orders, opening and closing
• Daily leadership by example
• Ordering and maintaining inventory levels
• Maintaining appropriate staffing levels in accordance with traffic and business
• Maintaining improvements on all systems and procedures
• Liaising between staff and manager to proper support and communication of goals, procedures, and necessary changes
• Experience in retail/hospitality/customer service
• Exemplary phone manner
• Willing to be part of a growing organization (flexibility)
• Professional, creative, hands-on attitude with good follow through
• Excellent communications skills both written (e-mail and fax) and verbal
• Excellent organizational skills
• Computer skills
• Commitment to high standards
• Patience and genuine enjoyment for helping people – a sense of humor a plus
• Zeal for community building through commerce
Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Please reply with resume and cover letter.
Pastry Chef with Cupcake Expertise (West Loop- Chicago)
Date: 2010-06-03, 7:13PM CDT
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an exciting startup cupcake company that is looking for someone to take over the key role of lead baker. This position will allow the right individual the opportunity to use their creativity and imagination to help come up with our next great cupcake ideas. This person must also be able to manage high volume, while maintaining high quality and love a fast paced environment. This person will be responsible for establishing process in the kitchen and production schedules to meet demand. Must have experience with inventory management and be able to adhere to a tight schedule.
Sprinkles Cupcakes - Cupcake Associates (Highland Village)
Date: 2010-06-07, 12:04PM CDT
Reply to: email@example.com
The world's first cupcake bakery is looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for cupcakes and customer service to join our newest team in Houston! The right applicant is a natural smiler, has a positive attitude, is a team player and possesses an excellent attention to detail. A permanent, flexible schedule is a must!
Seeking part time and full time applicants who are knowledgeable about Sprinkles! Opportunities for growth to management positions through our MIT program!
To apply, please stop by our store in Highland Village everyday from 9am-5pm
4014 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77027
**The parking lot is still under construction in the front. Please enter the store through the back door. We are the brown building in the middle!**
Cupcake Baker Wanted (Coconut Creek)
Date: 2010-06-05, 9:47AM EDT
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a reliable cupcake baker who knows their way around the kitchen and enjoys working in a laid back environment. This is not your typical commercial bakery, we are a boutique bakery looking for people that appreciate new products and know how to explore creativity in the kitchen.
Typical day: your shifts start at 7am and end at 12pm or later depending on the daily production; you come in on your own and bake/decorate at your own pace.
Training: we will train you on the job but do require that you have knowledge of commercial baking and be familiar with pastries.
Ideal Candidate: you should have a passion for baking, know how to experiment with different pastries, be diligent at what you do, and most importantly bring your best to work.
More about us: www.allegriafroyo.com
Cupcakestop Hiring!!! (NYC)
Date: 2010-06-03, 2:29PM EDT
Reply to: email@example.com
We are seeking: FULL-TIME and PART-TIME CUPCAKE ASSOCIATES/DRIVERS
*OPEN AND FLEXIBLE availability is a MUST (weekends too!)*
-You view customers as your future friends and strive to build lasting customer relations.
-You work well by yourself and just as well as in a team.
-You are more than happy to make your truck proud by keeping it shiny and clean, and completing all necessary tasks with finesse.
-MUST Have a Mobile food vendor license
-Being able to drive the truck as well is preferred.
We will train. Different shifts available. We love to give staff the opportunity to grow with the company.
Please email us your resume AND a photo of yourself.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject of the email should be: Yummy!
San Diego/Solana Beach
Cupcake Decorator (Solana Beach)
Date: 2010-06-01, 10:10PM PDT
Reply to: email@example.com
Solana Beach cupcake bakery has immediate opening for a part-time cupcake/cake/cookie decorator. Applicant must be consistent, quick and cleanly.
• Consistent decorating skills
• Skilled with buttercream, fondant, and royal icing.
• Professionalism, dependability and excellent customer service skills.
• Must work well with others and have a positive attitude. Must also be able to work independently.
• Ability to think creatively, detail orientated.
• Decorating cupcakes, cakes, cookies, and other specialty items.
• Preparation of icings, decorations and other misc.
Hours and Compensation:
• 10-20/hrs week.
• Weekend and morning hours.
• $8-$8.50/hr based on experience.
If you have the above requirements please send us your resume and your availability. Please paste your resume in your e-mail instead of attaching. You may attach photos of decorative work if you have any.
New Bakery/Restaurant Needs BAKERS/CAKE DECORATORS! (marina / cow hollow)
Date: 2010-06-02, 12:45PM PDT
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in getting in on the ground floor of a new bakery concept and brand? Do you want to be a member of the launch team of an exciting San Francisco start-up, in a high-profile neighborhood? Are you happiest when you're in the kitchen baking? Then we want to talk to you!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Producing small batch baked goods and confections in volume
• Monitoring inventory of ingredients
• Following production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to produce, sometimes on a quick turnaround basis
• Helping team design best practices for production flow and kitchen operations
• Measuring and preparing ingredients
• Accepting deliveries
• Keeping the kitchen clean and organized
• Willingness to share kitchen with culinary staff
• Pastry experience; formal training desired, but not required
• Well-versed in all aspects of pastry ingredients and production process
• Familiarity and comfort with commercial kitchen equipment
• Knowledge of and willingness to follow SF hygiene and safety standards
• Cake decorating and confectionary skills a plus
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Entrepreneurial team spirit and positive attitude
• Perfectionist attention to detail and highest standards of quality
Please email a copy of your resume or bring it to Sarah Ryan, General Manager, American Cupcake, 1919 Union Street (btwn Laguna and Buchanan).
TROPHY CUPCAKES - Cupcake Decorator (Wallingford)
Date: 2010-06-07, 11:35AM PDT
Reply to: email@example.com
Trophy Cupcakes and Party is seeking a Cupcake Decorator for its Wallingford location.
Do you love Cupcakes? Buttercream? The finest quality ingredients? Parties? Decorating? Crafts? Vintage everything? Handmade goods? Attention to detail? We do! Trophy Cupcakes and Party is looking for an experienced Barista/Counterperson who would like to work for a creative locally owned business that is serious about exceptional cupcakes, coffee and party goods.
Ok, we got your attention! But the job isn’t all coffee and cupcakes.
You will be responsible for:
* Mastering a variety of cupcake decorating techniques and being able to decorate at a rapid pace
* Recognizing the flavor profile of all of our cakes and buttercreams and consistently monitoring both for taste and visual appeal
* Monitoring inventory and communicating needs to various team members
* Excellent customer service
* Maintaining a neat and clean kitchen
So, do you have what it takes?
* This is a part-time (20-30 hours/week) position requiring a flexible schedule to work evenings, weekends, and holidays (we are open 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. most days)
* At least one year experience in a similar position at a high volume café, bakery or restaurant
* Demonstrated commitment to high-standards and an eye for fine detail
* A people-friendly, team-oriented, high energy and cheerful disposition
* Ability to work an eight (8) hour or more shift on your feet
* Current food handlers permit, or ability to obtain one upon hire
It would be a maraschino-cherry on the buttercream if you also have:
* A love of cupcakes
* Barista experience
* Customer service experience
$10/hour, plus tips - we offer benefits qualified employees.
Please submit résumé with cover letter via email referencing this position
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins
Hello Cupcake Seeks Pastry Chef to Join our Busy Team! (Dupont Circle)
Date: 2010-06-01, 10:47AM EDT
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Cupcake, DC's cupcake boutique, seeks an experienced full-time pastry chef to join our fun and busy kitchen! Everything in our bakery is made from scratch, and baked fresh all day, every day. The pastry chef position is responsible for all elements of our cupcake creations - scaling, mixing, baking, prep work, frostings, development of new flavors, custom decorations, kitchen cleanliness and sanitation, inventory, and more. The candidate must, at a minimum:
have experience in a commercial kitchen and/or a pastry degree, and familiarity with the tasks described above, preferably in a role that required some kitchen management
have physical stamina, be able to stand for long periods, and be able to lift 50 lbs
be able to work a combination of early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
Please send your cover letter and resume, outlining your experience and availability for the position. Do not apply for this position if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Hello Cupcake offers group health, paid vacation and 401K to full-time employees.