Australia Day cupcake by Belisa Cupcakes (and a little info on Australia Day)

I have to admit that as an American, I had no idea when Australia Day was or even what it was, when I saw this Australia Day cupcake on the Facebook page of Belisa Cupcakes. Get ordering info at belisacupcakes.com.au.



So I went to good old Wikipedia and found this:

(previously known as Anniversary Day, Foundation Day and ANA Day)[1] is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, the day commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788, the hoisting of the British flag there, and the proclamation of British sovereignty over the eastern seaboard of New Holland.[2]

Australia Day is an official public holiday in every state and territory of Australia, and is marked by the Order of Australia and Australian of the Year awards, along with an address from the Prime Minister.



These aren't Australia Day cupcakes, but I thought they were cute.

Comments

MuffinMonsterBB said…
Australia Day is a public holiday where we all have a bbq, drink beer and watch the cricket *Hooray* It's also my bubbas birthday!