Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry buttercream and a mini strawberry on top!

These cupcakes are by blogger Chelsea at Cupcake Adventures, via Flickr.

She writes:

Because strawberries have so much moisture in them, my past buttercream attempts turned out more like a glaze instead of a sturdy frosting. This time I made it just right. I chopped up the strawberries and drained them until any extra liquid was gone...then mixed them in with the butter and powdered sugar. Each cupcake has a fondant strawberry on top.

Comments

Lindsay C said…
Nice! Glad to know I wasn't the only one who has ever had issues with real strawberries and buttercream. Last time I made it, it was a soupy mess. And since we use only real fruits I had to put strawberry to the side - Thanks!! :)
Nancy Botwin said…
Too cute!

http://notebookchallenge.blogspot.com/
Kelly @ Kell's Kitchen said…
Good to know it's not just me... the strawberry cupcakes I made for my Birthday Party recently were delicious but my strawberry cream cheese frosting, however tasty, wasn't the rose I planned to pipe. I just blamed the hot weather ;-)