Happy Birthday, Ellen and Laren!










Two of our favorite bloggers, Laren Sweet Blog o' Mine and Ellen Standard Deviance, belatedly celebrated their birthdays at The Magician this past Saturday. I decided it would be fun to surprise them with homemade chocolate cupcakes with mint buttercream frosting. (Although at this point maybe it's not such a surprise anymore when I make cupcakes!)

Anyway, they turned out just delicious, and really pretty too, as I tried my hand at decorating with silver dust (look for the shimmer on the frosting).

I love this picture of Ellen, because it belies her supposed anti-cupcake stance.

See, nobody can resist a good cupcake!

(Also, see more photos of the celebration over at Laren's site.)

Comments

Laren said…
For the record -- these were some very tasty cupcakes! Thanks Ms. A!
Karen said…
Ooh, silver dust, must try.
Cazzie!!! said…
My mouth is watering here reading your blog and looking at the pics, way cool :)
Anonymous said…
Hi R.K.B.. Your blogs name made me check it out and I'm glad I did. Great blog, love the Cupcake format. Cupcakes are so important in life, making people happy with their cupcake goodness. I like the social aspect of Cupcakes, because as we share them with friends and loved ones we still each have our own little Cupcake treat to greedily devour. Cupcakes make no aplogies and take no prisoners. And I would never trust a person that does not like Cupcakes, as a general rule of thumb. Keep up the good work and thanks for having such a great blog. Sincerely, Dan