Valentine Cupcakes


Valentine Cupcakes, originally uploaded by alizinha.

Here's a picture that Nichelle took of the cupcakes I made for her and GirlyNYC's pre-Valentine's Day party that happened last night at Lava Gina.

The party was lots of fun and it was great to share these cupcakes with friends who really appreciated them.

The chocolate-frosted ones were made with a chocolate ganache frosting (as opposed to the chocolate buttercream frosting that I usually make). You can find the Martha Stewart recipe I used for the chocolate ganache frosting here.

If you make the frosting, be sure to use the best semisweet chocolate and heavy cream you can afford. I used Scharffen Berger chocolate and Horizon organic heavy cream, and it made all the difference in the world. So unbelievably good!

Comments

Rachel said…
They were totally delicious, as always, both kinds of frosting. Chica, you outdid yourself. And they were the perfect treat after such a long day of work. And all the hearts and topings - beautiful, just like you. I don't always like to know what's in your cupcakes, or any cupcakes, so I can pretend they're not too fattening, but whatever, cupcakes are a necessary part of life, clearly. Happy cupcake love to my fellow bloggers and everyone out there in cupcake land!
spicycontent said…
These were fabulous, just like you! Thanks again!