Cupcake interview #2

Name: Jessica
Age: 27
Location: Brooklyn
Occupation: law student (in name only)
Blog: Fig and Plum

How often do you eat cupcakes?
Probably once every couple of months. For ill or good, there aren't
Good sources on my everyday routes, so I have to seek them out when I want
them.

Oh, but there are always legal research company representatives giving
cupcakes away in the law library, for some reason. Seems like a
strange place to eat a cupcake.

What's the best thing about eating cupcakes?
Frosting-to-cake ratio, hands down.

What's your favorite type of cupcake?
I had a tart lemon cupcake recently that is my current favorite. I
think it was from Buttercup. Also anything cream cheese-based or with
less-sugary-more-creamy frosting is ok with me.

Favorite place to get cupcakes?
I like homemade. But the ones at Two Little Red Hens are decent, and
I've enjoyed the ones I've had from Buttercup Bake Shop. Cupcake CafĂ©’s cupcakes
are impressive to look at, if you're into aesthetics.

How do cupcakes compare/contrast to other baked goods for you?
Strangely, cake doesn't do it for me. Even though cupcakes are made of the
same stuff, I love them. I have no theories about this except the cake-to-frosting ratio mentioned above, and maybe that I'm a sucker for the cuteness of cupcakes.

Is there any innovation you'd like to see made to the cupcake that would improve it for you?
Hm. I would like to see a person jump out of a cupcake. Probably,
technologically, a long way off.

Any other thoughts on the topic?
You can trash Magnolia's cupcakes all you want, but they have fantastic
banana pudding!

Comments

Nichelle said…
I agree. The banana pudding is yummy!