Cupcake Tuesdays at Original Penguin


Maysa, Store Manager Posted by Hello

We stopped by the Original Penguin store near Bryant Park to find out about "Cupcake Tuesdays". If you stop by the store on Tuesdays, you will be treated a cupcake. Maysa, the Store Manager gave up the scoop.

When did "Cupcake Tuesdays" start?
It started back in November. It is a way to make customers feel at home, especially the store is designed like a recreation room. Cupcakes are like from the 70's. They're something your mom would make.

Where do you get your cupcakes?
We get them from sugar Sweet Sunshine.

What's your favorite cupcake?
The one with the strawberry frosting, and I like the carrot cake one, too.

Comments

Sounds too good to be true! I'm going there this Tues. before they stop this incredible deal.
damn, my offices aren't near there anymore or I'd go on my lunch hour!
So I went and got the chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting. The cake had great texture and was very moist. The frosting was a little too oily though, and I couldn't taste the chocolate flavor in the cake. Still much better than Cupcake Cafe though!