Cupcake Interview: Isa Moskowitz, Post Punk Kitchen


lemon cupcakes
Originally uploaded by Nichelle.


Isa is our idol! Not only is she the creator of the Post Punk Kitchen, but she also writes for Daily Heights, a neighborhood blog about Brooklyn's Prospect Heights.

Name: Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Age: 32
Location: Prospect Heights, Brooklyn
Occupation: Wage slave and Celebrity Chef of the People
URL: The Post Punk KItchen

How often do you eat cupcakes? At least once a week

What's the best thing about eating cupcakes?
They say that the first thing you eat with is your eyes, and I really like to look at my cupcake first. I
think most other people do, too. When you hand someone a slice of cake sure,
they're happy, but hand them a cupcake and they are dazzled. They spin it
around and look at it from every angle.

What's your favorite type of cupcake? I've been on a citrus kick lately, but it's just a phase. I like a devil's food cupcake with ganache icing.

Favorite place to get cupcakes?
Well veganism makes cupcake procurement a mite difficult. Veg City Diner used to have them but they've gone out of business. I usually make them myself so my answer would have to be "in my kitchen".

How do cupcakes compare to other baked goods for you? If there's a cupcake option I would choose that above all others.>Cupcake eating is more of an experience or an activity. With other baked goods you're just having dessert.

Is there any innovation you'd like to see made to the cupcake that would improve it for you?
I would like to see more self-filling
cupcake recipes. That is, cupcakes with the filling baked right inside rather than piping it in. I'm working on it.

Any other thoughts on the topic?
My childhood cat was named cupcake, she went to kitty heaven in 2000. I tip a metaphorical 40 to her memory every time I eat a cupcake.

Comments