Cupcake Interview with Alexis of Girl Friday

Name: Alexis McKinnis
Age: 27
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Occupation: Errands Service Business Owner
Link to site: http://girlfriday.typepad.com

How often do you eat cupcakes?

About once every few weeks. I try not to overdo it. I have an irrational fear of burning out on everything.

What's the best thing about eating cupcakes?

That first bite, when your lips hit the sugary frosting, then your teeth sink into the fluffy moist cake of such a pretty little thing. It’s an eating sensation like no other.

What's your favorite type of cupcake?

Chocolate cake, chocolate frosting. Definitely.

Favorite place to get cupcakes?

There’s a local bakery chain here called Wuollet that has absolutely fabulous devils food cupcakes.

How do cupcakes compare/contrast to other baked goods for you?

No baked good ranks above the cupcake. A distant second would be a nice chocolate layer cake.

Is there any innovation you'd like to see made to the cupcake that would improve it for you?

I can’t imagine anything being done to a cupcake that hasn’t been done already. Unless we’re talking about
technological advancements, because in that case, I’d like to see self-replicating cupcakes.

Any other thoughts on the topic?

Just that now I’m really hungry for a cupcake. Too bad bakeries are closed before I’m out of my pajamas most days.

Comments