Cupcake Interview with Lauren

Name: Lauren
Age: 22
Location: Washington, DC soon to be Austin, TX!
Occupation: Paralegal
URL: www.dconstructed.blogspot.com

How often do you eat cupcakes?

If by cupcake, you mean the frosting off the top of the cupcake, once or twice a month

What's the best thing about eating cupcakes?

The frosting. Hands down.

What's your favorite type of cupcake?

I really like cupcakes with fillings! I also like chocolate cupcakes with chocolate butter cream frosting and coconut on top, but carrot cake cupcakes are really good too!

How do cupcakes compare/contrast to other baked goods for you?

Well, I'd get really sick if I ate an entire cake, but eating an entire cupcake just makes me cool.

Is there any innovation you'd like to see made to the cupcake that would improve it for you?

A frosting filled cupcake would be the bomb!

Do you bake your own cupcakes? Or (even better) have someone who bakes them for you?

I like to bake my own. I just made some the other week for a BBQ. They're great because you have to try really hard to mess them up!

What's your first cupcake-related memory?

The day I realized that I could bring in cupcakes for my birthday instead of Duncan Donuts, I became a very happy six year old.

What's the most fun you've ever had with a cupcake?

Making them is always fun; you get to eat the batter and frosting both!

Any other thoughts on the topic?

Yeah. I love that they've become the new hipster accessory. Oh and my sister went to a restaurant called Barton G's and they have cupcakes on the dessert menu. When you order them, they bring them to you with a bowl of frosting and toppings and
then you get to decorate them yourself! Also, I found this linkand it shows just another reason why cupcakes are cool!

Comments