Double Birthday Cupcakes!

strawberry short(cup)cake close-upLast night, Rachel, Nichelle, and I helped GirlyNYC and Yummicoco celebrate their birthdays.

strawberries on choc and vanilla cupcakesI got inspired to make some strawberry-shortcake-inspired cupcakes: yellow cake with a stabilized whipped cream as frosting, topped with sliced, sugared strawberries, fresh from that day's farmers' market.

nonpareilsOf course, I also had to make the old standby chocolate cupcakes that everyone loves.

I also went to another party beforehand where I shared half of the 2 dozen cupcakes I made. I didn't know too many people at that party, but with my cupcakes, I made friends fast.

People were proclaiming my cupcakes "better than Magnolia" and asking me if I am a professional baker. I also had people telling me that getting your own cupcake is "special" and more fun that just having a slice of cake.

Comments