ShoeBoxOven.com

Surfing around, I found this 2007 Washington Post article on ordering cupcakes online. I think this is going to be a big trend in cupcakes in the next year or two and those who can do quality, fast cupcake mail order will find themselves doing lots of business. I discovered ShoeBoxOven.com, which calls itself "a very tiny merry bakery."

As far as I can tell, they offer two kinds of cupcakes, both of which are for locals only (Arlington, Virginia):

Pumpkin Cupcakes



In Cinderella, a pumpkin turned into a carriage. In the ShoeBox Oven pumpkins turn into cupcakes. Topped with a ribbon of sweet buttercream and dotted with pumpkin malt balls, these cupcakes are a magical note to your holiday season.

Ruby Velvet cupcakes



Southern red velvet chocolate cake, topped with a ribbon of all-American buttercream and dotted with chocolate malt balls. Now that is how you eat a cupcake!

Here's the beginning of the article.

Comments

Lindsey said…
Thank you sooooo much for this blog on my favorite thing to eat! I noticed that you have a list of cupcake places. If you need a tester, please let me know! I have a fabulous place here in WA. Let me know if you want to add it to your list!
Anonymous said…
I love this site so much! The pictures always look so yummy! I've added you to my dutch site. Hope you don't mind.

xxx Barbara
Anonymous said…
Something went wrong, I'm sorry.

My website where I added you, is www.busy-bee.nl

Have a great weekend!

xxxBAR