An exhaustive survey and taste-test of NYC cupcakes

In my real life, I work as a personal trainer, instructor, and operations manager (and blogger!) at CrossFit NYC: The Black Box. At my job I get funny looks from people when they find out I'm also a cupcake blogger. (In addition, people who meet me as Allison of CTTC are often surprised to find out I'm a personal trainer.)

But one person at my gym wasn't surprised and shocked to discover I was cupcake blogger and cupcake baker when I first met her. She is now a client of mine but when we first met, she'd been passing by our new gym location for a few weeks and finally came in to ask about what we do because, according to her, everything we did looked "scary" to her, and that's why she thought she should try it. (I applaud that attitude.)

Without giving away her real-life identity, I can say that she's a lovely young woman who is very fit and healthy but also enjoys the occasional cupcake (and even owns a catering business that does custom-made cupcakes, cakes and cookies).

So she, like me, is able to find the balance between a life of cupcakes and a life of fitness. I do my best to encourage everyone to find their way so that they can enjoy their life fully yet still have the amazing quality of life that comes with true fitness and health.

Anyway, I say all that just to mention that she has done the NYC-based readers of Cupcakes Take the Cake a major service by doing an exhaustive survey and taste-testing of cupcakes throughout New York City. It was such a long write-up that she created that she made a blog just so she could put up her findings.

So click through to www.misnatalietastetested.blogspot.com to read why she gave the following ratings:

BAD: Out of the Kitchen
O.K.: Ruthy's, Royale, Crumbs
GOOD: Ciao For Now, Billy's, Cupcake Cafe, Magnolia
VERY GOOD: Chikalicious Puddin', Amy's, Kyotofu
EXCELLENT: Sweet Revenge, Tonnie's Minis, Eleni's
MY FAVORITE: Batch

Comments

Anonymous said…
i just read the entire thing and i must say im kind of disappointed. she claims some cupcakes have too much icing but then some cupcakes that really DO have too much icing she claims them to have perfect icing to cupcake ratio. then for the red velvet its not cream cheesy or too cream cheesy for her. it was kind of annoying reading it...