A cupcake so pretty I wasn't even sure it was a cupcake

My friend Aaron Landry sent me the link to his blog with this photo:



At first, I was like, "Is that a cupcake?" But it is, just buried under a flower. Gorgoeous!

The cupcake is from Kenna's Cupcake Company, whose site has some more gorgeous photos and lets me know they are a custom cupcake company, but frustratingly, very frustratingly, doesn't list their city, a key piece of information.



Be on the lookout for our 10 Tips for Cupcake Bakery Owners I'll be posting soon; in the meantime, please check out our previous Tips for Online Bakery Promotion. I cannot even tell you how important it is to put basic information, like your city, on your website. I promise I'm not just saying that because it would make my life easier. The more information you can give your customers, in my opinion, the better.

It's great to have a beautifully designed website, which they undoubtedly do, but I think the more information you can give visitors upfront, the better. And after posting this, I did Google and discover they have a blog (which, as far as I can tell, wasn't linked from their website), which lists their location as Minneapolis, Minnesota. That's great, but I'm sharing my process because while word of mouth is wonderful, the Internet is also a resource that bakeries should be using to the fullest.

Here's some info from the site that I liked:

Kenna loves that a good cupcake rarely goes unappreciated, especially an adorably-decorated cupcake that has been designed specifically for the recipient. “I love the ‘oohs’ and ‘ahhs’ before the wrapper gets peeled off,” she beams. “And it’s all the more gratifying when someone throws her diet out the window for 2 minutes and indulges in a little cake and buttercream. I’ve never heard anyone say they regretted it.”

Kenna also loves discovering new ways of topping off the cupcakes, like the time she had to search the internet for things like R2D2 and the Millennium Falcon for a little boy’s party. “There’s probably nothing further outside my comfort zone than Star
Wars, but I enjoyed the challenge. It’s exciting when a customer requests something out of the ordinary and new to me.”


Kenna's Cupcake Company
763-807-7102
info at kennascupcakecompany.com

Comments

Anonymous said…
what a beautiful cupcake..its so delicioius!
Cakespy said…
Whoa, that one is incredible!
Ellen said…
Hi-- An area code lookup indicated they were in the Minneapolis area. I agree that it should be posted on their site clearly.
Anonymous said…
that's an amazing cupcake! I wished my local cupcake bakers were as creative as Kenna. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I sincerely appreciate them. :)

Sorry for the confusion. I'm in the Twin Cities, MN metro. It was listed on my "Prices" page under delivery info., but admittedly wasn't very easy to find. I've made the change now. Thanks for letting me know!