Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24: L'Orphelin Thanksgiving and Birthday Dinner

Foodbuzz, our advertising network, invited bloggers to document the "mother of all meals"(i.e.Thanksgiving). Since my friends and I didn't travel to our respective family homes, we enjoyed an orphan Thanksgiving. This year, Thanksgiving was also on my birthday which is November 27. I could call it "turkey birthday" or "thanksbirthgivingday" but it basically means that I ate a lot of good food, give thanks, and have cupcakes.

Dinner was at Cercle Rouge, a French restaurant in Tribeca, where there a special Thanksgiving Prix-fixe dinner that included pumpkin ravioli, turkey with stuffing, and your choice of dessert.

Pumpkin Ricotta Ravioli
Pumpkin and Ricotta Ravioli was tasty and proves that pumpkin is pretty versatile.

Turkey
The turkey was moist and delicious.

One of my friends told the waiter it was my birthday, so I got a birthday candle on the plate with my pecan tart.
IMG_0056

Now since this is a cupcake blog, there has to be cupcakes. After dinner, we went for a drink at dive bar nearby. I had a Maker's Mark on the rocks while I opened my birthday presents.
Cupcake Card

Then we ate cupcakes from Ivy Bakery. Half of the cupcakes were butter pecan and the other half were sweet potato. All of them were good.
IMG_0058

Later, my friends and I enjoyed more desserts at another friend's apartment. The homemade pumpkin cheesecake was very yummy.
Pumpkin Cheesecake

This birthday/thanksgiving, I'm thankful for friends, cupcakes and loose clothing.

Comments

Grace said…
Looks like your Thanksgiving turned out to be a success - happy belated birthday!
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you had a great thanksbirthgivingday! I've added a link to your post on my blog with the other 24, 24, 24 entries.
Ela said…
nice food. nice birthday celebration.
belated happy birthday