What an amazingly cool and creative project by Cup O' Cake Designs: an electoral map of the United States!

Here's part of the description, but make sure you go and check out every step! More photos are on Flickr.
November's featured project took about two full days to complete. My husband & I were invited to an election party and I offered to bring cupcakes. My husband came up with an even better idea- a cupcake electoral map. At first the idea of the project made me feel overwhelmed, so I wasn't going to do it, but the more I thought about it the more unique and interesting the idea seemed.
Before I get into the description of how I made the project happen, let me talk a little bit about what I anticipated making. I decided that I would need a minimum of 100 cupcakes- 50 red and 50 blue. Each cupcake would then have a fondant star on top with the state abbreviation piped on top. These cupcakes would be set out on a map of the United States, and people at the party could eat one of the cupcakes, after each state was determined (so, if the state went blue, the red cupcake would be eaten). I decided to make mini-cupcakes so that they would fit on the map and not need more than one batch of batter for each color.
Here's part of the description, but make sure you go and check out every step! More photos are on Flickr.
November's featured project took about two full days to complete. My husband & I were invited to an election party and I offered to bring cupcakes. My husband came up with an even better idea- a cupcake electoral map. At first the idea of the project made me feel overwhelmed, so I wasn't going to do it, but the more I thought about it the more unique and interesting the idea seemed.
Before I get into the description of how I made the project happen, let me talk a little bit about what I anticipated making. I decided that I would need a minimum of 100 cupcakes- 50 red and 50 blue. Each cupcake would then have a fondant star on top with the state abbreviation piped on top. These cupcakes would be set out on a map of the United States, and people at the party could eat one of the cupcakes, after each state was determined (so, if the state went blue, the red cupcake would be eaten). I decided to make mini-cupcakes so that they would fit on the map and not need more than one batch of batter for each color.
Comments