Cupcake carrier, what do you think?


More on my quest for the perfect cupcake carrier. My friend Norman Blake snapped these shots at Costco in Brooklyn, NY. He says you can stack as many levels as needed.




Does anyone have one of these? I'd love to get your feedback!




I'm impressed with the idea of carrying 7 or 8 dozen cupcakes at one time. Impractical? You tell me.

(Photos by Norman Blake.)

Comments

kit and nancy. said…
i got one of these for christmas, and just the other day bought myself a cupcake courier to replace it..the problem...the one you are showing doesn't hold cupcake size..only patty cake and as most of my orders and just preferable size of cake is 7cm diam, it just isn't practical. When i try and squeeze them in, they topple over during transport. a cool idea in retrospect but just not a long lasting one. cupcake courier (in saffron yellow) wins it for me!
kit and nancy. said…
ps. but they do allow reasonable height for tall icing which is one of my specialties!
Jo said…
I abolutely love mine. I bought 3 (so 6 trays), it is really great esp for taking cakes to weddings, functions.
Anonymous said…
So far so good with these! They are sturdy, and you can click in more levels which is so awesome. Also, you can't really beat that price. Mine came with 3 levels, enough to hold 36.

I was worried too that you wouldn't be able to too tall of decoration, but there is ample clearance.

Thumbs up from me!
Justin said…
This is kind of genius. Then again, I always buy things that seem genius, and then they go in the trash a year later when I remember I have no cabinet space. Examples: that stainless steel huge fondue set I got as a holiday gift in 1999, my "salad spinner", my covered cake plate...
Susan Carson said…
I just bought 2 of these yesterday, and LOVE them! I was trying to transport cupcakes to my son's Easter party at school and they worked perfectly (plus got several compliments!) Love the fact that you can buy and stack as many as you need (I only needed 2 dozen for yesterday, but will go back for more to stack), plus you can take the cupcake divider out and just use it for sheet cakes, etc.
Erin Phraner said…
This is amazing!!! They look so much easier than carrying 3 3-tiered cupcakes couriers at a time. And they're only $17? I'm in love. Thank you!
peachfish said…
Hmmm. I am intrigued! I like the ability to use 1 layer at a time or more. I just bought a Cupcake Courier and I did feel like it was a bit silly to just put one dozen cupcakes in something that holds 3 dozen. For the $16.99 price, so you get 3 layers of storage?
jordan said…
I have one of these and I love it too. I have only carried up to four dozen at a time in it, but I really like being able to tailor the size to the number of cupcakes I need. I feel silly with the giant 3 level cupcake courier when I only need to carry a dozen cupcakes.
You can also take out the white cupcake holder part and use it for sheet cakes/cookies/etc. And, the white cupcake part can click onto the top of its container so you can pick up each cupcake without reaching down into the container (or you could serve them that way too). I don't know if I explained that last part very well, but overall I highly recommend it!
Anonymous said…
thats so weird! i bought that from costco 2 weeks ago, and im in love with it! placing the cupcakes in the circular thing was a little weird, but it held my cupcakes just fine. :) now just imagine if it came in colors!
Anonymous said…
That would be a great thing to carry dozens of cupcakes all at once! I've bought a few different kinds and my problem seems to be that the cups don't prevent the cupcakes from moving. I've taken to buying the cardboard cupcake holders and boxes and I glue the side flaps in a couple days before using it. This way the weight of the cupcakes don't push the holder down where the cupcakes can move. Works better for me than anything else I've found. let me know if you get this one and it works...but by the picture...it really doesn't look any more stable than the others out there.
Skye said…
I like the kind of carrier that has deep spots for each cupcake- just like what you bake cupcakes in- I agree that the grooves on this kind of carrier are not tall enough, and they allow your cupcakes to move all over the place during transit. You need something to actually hold each cupcake.
keeshaobrien said…
The only one I've ever seen only carried 12 cupcakes--I though that was ridiculous, I mean when most people bake a batch of cupcakes they make 24--shouldn't a holder carry at least that many? I like the idea of this one-it would make it easy to carry cupcakes to my son's school--when he reaches that age!
Becca :) said…
I own the one from the bottom picture, and while it's pretty convenient, a mix of cupcakes makes 24 cupcakes, so they don't all fit, and they really do topple over in transport :(
Obliviousfire said…
I have 4 of these, only I am pretty hesitant to actually carry them by the handle on the lid, horrible nightmares of the lid coming off and cupcakes going everywhere. I think they are awesome otherwise, so handy.... and perfect size for the cupcakes i make, diameter and height wise, Im just jealous that you can get them so cheap in the US... they are about $50 in Australia!!!
Coco Cake Land said…
these seem a little scary because of the shallow circle the cupcakes would be sitting in, especially for vehicle transport! i have 4 cupcake couriers and use them for events, and they lock down so securely that i feel secure too! eeps! but for $16.99 and for the every day consumer, these seem pretty awesome! great for walking over to a potluck at a neighbor's.
Stephanie said…
I bought 6 of these, but at my store they were $14.99. So far I don't have any complaints, I wish the lid/handle was a little sturdier, I reccomend always supporting the bottom when lifting because the lid is a little vulnerable and will snap off if there is too much weight
Larissa said…
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I am in love with this. I haven't tried it yet but I will on Saturday and I can't wait to see how it works!! Love the tips!
Unknown said…
I am also looking for the perfect transportation for my cupcakes! I have one very similar to this and the sides just aren't deep enough to keep the cupcake standing up straight!They fall over aaaalll the time!!
Ruby said…
I was so excited when I bought mine at Costco, but they do not fit standard cupcakes. I have to really squeeze the base of the cupcake into the slots, and I am using standard (large or med) liners. Also, if I want to split cupcakes, like give some to my husband to bring to work and then for me, we need 2 containers as their is only 1 top part with handle.