The $1.5 million venture capital-backedPhoebe's Cupcakes opens today in Chicago - looking forward to hearing reports/seeing photos. There's been a lot of buzz about the business end but now it's time to hear about the actual cupcakes!
Comments
Annie said…
Phoebe was the pastry chef over at the now closed "Cupcakes" in Lakeview. They'll probably have the same recipes, I assume, since the menu is practically identical. It's Cupcakes in Lakeview part deux.
Hi Where in Lake View in Chicago? I have a shop in Lake View~ Mercedes
tony d. in wrigleyville said…
It wasn't that great. Not anywhere near as good as where they used to be employees at Cupcakes. Same ol' recipes, same ol' attitude. Cupcakes were ok... mine was a little dry.
I'll still prefer to spend my cupcake money at Molly's or Swirlz. I'm disappointed they didn't rebrand themselves differently at a new place that is their own place. Seems like they copied everything, recipe, colors, menu... Yawn.
Comments
http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/2005/08/cupcakes-in-chi-town.html
http://www.yelp.com/biz/cupcakes-chicago
Will be interesting to see how this works out with Molly's, Sweet Mandy B's, Swirlz, and others right in the same geographic area.
Where in Lake View in Chicago? I have a shop in Lake View~ Mercedes
I'll still prefer to spend my cupcake money at Molly's or Swirlz. I'm disappointed they didn't rebrand themselves differently at a new place that is their own place. Seems like they copied everything, recipe, colors, menu... Yawn.
I expected more. Thank god it was free.