So the food scientists out there have spoken. Why does this happen? I am tempted to take Juli from Just Cupcakes!'s suggestions and thoughts as most matching mine. I believe it's the amount of cooling time (and space with which to cool) as well as placing them in a nonbreathing/air-tight/plastic carrier too soon. It just makes the most sense to me.
I plan to test out this working theory sometime next week by doing a control cupcake vs. experimental batch and will report back to you. I also have tapped some fine kitchen minds who may be testing this theory out in professional kitchens. Love that!
Thanks again, CTTC'ers (especially Juli from Melbourne), for your help. I truly appreciate it.
I plan to test out this working theory sometime next week by doing a control cupcake vs. experimental batch and will report back to you. I also have tapped some fine kitchen minds who may be testing this theory out in professional kitchens. Love that!
Thanks again, CTTC'ers (especially Juli from Melbourne), for your help. I truly appreciate it.
Comments
I'm pretty blessed as I rarely suffer this frustrating fact of cupcaking life, but when it has struck, it's always to same cake recipe, and always dut to storage with poor air circulation issues... hope your testing works out!
Best
Juli
Just Cupcakes!