Here's an interesting post on small Biz Big time about some of the many, many reasons for bakeries (the example they used) to be involved and active in social media:
I recently attended a networking event at which gourmet cupcakes were served. Though I’d normally ration my cupcake intake, these delights had me revisiting the dessert table two…okay…three times. Let’s just say I had my cupcake and ate yours, too! And frugal as I try to be these days, I gotta admit I’d plunk down $3 for such yumminess. This is a new “lust” I’ve personally decreed a “must.”
However, I’ve since searched for the cupcakery online, to little avail. They don’t use Twitter or Facebook, and their website is a one-page digital business card. They’re highly praised on Yelp! and other review sites. But if I could follow these bake masters on Twitter, I’d easily be lured by daily updates about fresh flavors. If they had a Facebook fan page, I’d sign up without hesitation and rally pals to join as well. This business “met me” at the event, but how can I ever really get to know them now?
Related: our cupcake bakeries on Twitter post (which we constantly update, if we've missed your bakery, email us at cupcakestakethecake at gmail.com)
I recently attended a networking event at which gourmet cupcakes were served. Though I’d normally ration my cupcake intake, these delights had me revisiting the dessert table two…okay…three times. Let’s just say I had my cupcake and ate yours, too! And frugal as I try to be these days, I gotta admit I’d plunk down $3 for such yumminess. This is a new “lust” I’ve personally decreed a “must.”
However, I’ve since searched for the cupcakery online, to little avail. They don’t use Twitter or Facebook, and their website is a one-page digital business card. They’re highly praised on Yelp! and other review sites. But if I could follow these bake masters on Twitter, I’d easily be lured by daily updates about fresh flavors. If they had a Facebook fan page, I’d sign up without hesitation and rally pals to join as well. This business “met me” at the event, but how can I ever really get to know them now?
Related: our cupcake bakeries on Twitter post (which we constantly update, if we've missed your bakery, email us at cupcakestakethecake at gmail.com)
Comments