Chicago cupcake bakery roundup attempt; did I miss anything?

So, this weekend, as you may have read, I (Rachel) am heading to Chicago to hang with cupcake goddesses Jessie Olseon of Cakespy, Sandy Ploy of Iron Cupcake and Sheela Namakkal of Minneapolis cupcake company Miel y Leche and finally meet Natalie of Bake & Destroy (they will be at our Meetup, I think, save for Jessie, who's rocking the Renegade Craft Fair).

I arrive Friday evening and leave Sunday evening. In the time in between, I'm basically eating cupcakes nonstop. I'm still waiting to hear from a few places, but in addition to Sunday's cupcake meetup at Molly's Cupcakes from 11:30-1 followed by a trip to check out Cakespy art at the craf fair, which is basically full at 15 people but if you really want to join us, email me at cupcakestakethecake at gmail.com and I will see what I can do.

From the original listing:

Cupcakes Take the Cake Meetup
Sunday, September 13th
11:30 am – 1 pm

Molly’s Cupcakes
2536 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL, 773-883-7220

Eat cupcakes with other cupcake fans. At 1 the group will head over to the Renegade Craft Fair (Division St. between Damen Ave. and Paulina St in Wicker Park if you want to meet us there) to check out Jessie Oleson of Cakespy’s cupcake art. 1 free cupcake courtesy of Cupcakes Take the Cake to each attendee.

SIGN UP NOW! Limited to 15 people.

RSVP to cupcakestakethecake at gmail.com with “Chicago Meetup” in subject line and your name/names of guests.

So here's my list of places I want/plan to visit, but what I want to know from you Chicagoans is, what am I missing? In alphabetical order:

The Bleeding Heart Bakery

The Cupcake Gallery

Foiled Cupcakes (custom/delivery) (look - they're hiring)

Molly's Cupcakes

More Cupcakes

Phoebe's Cupcakes

Smash Cake

Sugar Bliss Cake Boutique

Swirlz

Comments

Sweet Mandy B's
Alliance Bakery
Sarah's Patisserie
Smash Cake
Twisted Sister Bakery
Natalie said…
Angel Food Bakery makes a mean malted milk cupcake aaaaaand has a fab collection of vintage Easy Bake Ovens if you can squeeze it in. Looking forward to having you in my little city!
Sarah said…
Sweet Mandy B's should be at the TOP of your list. Also...you should check out Southport Grocery (http://www.southportgrocery.com/the-cupcake/)..they only have 2 cupcakes (chocolate/vanilla & vanilla/vanilla) but it is some of the best frosting I have ever tasted.
You've got the best on there in my opinion - Swirlz & Bleeding Heart Bakery! BHB is the most impressive display case you'll see anywhere and they have tables that look like cupcakes! I am SOOO thrilled to hear Jessie Olson is going to be here for Renegade Craft Fair! Can't wait!
Cakespy said…
Oh we're going to have so much fun. Also--I have a few little giveaways for the first few people who arrive from the meetup!
BabushkaBakery said…
Good lord, you will be sugar buzzing from place to place. Wish I could join you; but it will be a wedding cake weekend for me. Have fun; and take lots of pictures! Welcome to Chicago, Jesse!, Claudia
Karma said…
If they still have them, Hot Chocolate on Division & Damen has amazing cupcakes, and then hit Milk & Honey just down the street for theirs as well! Both are along RCF, so you can wander with cupcake in hand.
(Did a cupcake crawl for my bday last year. Good luck with the cupcake-fest!)