Sprinkles Beverly Hills visit

I'm at the Apple Store at the Beverly Center so only have time for a brief update, but I got to chat with Charles and Candace Nelson, co-owners/founders of famous Sprinkles Cupcakes, and visit their Beverly Hills shop, their original one, and shoot an interview with Charles at the Sprinklesmobile (their Mercedes cupcake van). Here are some of the cupcakes I tasted during my visit and shots of the store - more photos are in this Flickr set and there's lots more, including an older interview I did with Charles about Sprinkles' upcoming cupcake plans. They graciously gave me a dozen free cupcakes plus I sampled some at the bakery (theirs retail for $3.25).

You can also follow them on Twitter (@sprinkles) for daily free cupcake specials as well as on Facebook, where they are well on their way to having a winner of their BFF contest to be their 100,000th fan (81,261 as of this posting). We already know they have plenty of celebrity fans, like Gossip Girl's Blake Lively, and Courtney Love has blamed Sprinkles for weight gain; they also have an album of celebrities eating their cupcakes on Faceobok.

Sprinkles Cupcakes Beverly Hills

Sprinkles Cupcakes Beverly Hills cupcake
Beverly Hills logo on vegan red velvet cupcake in takeaway box

Sprinkles Cupcakes Beverly Hills vegan red velvet cupcake
Vegan red velvet cupcake - this was very good! I'm not a huge fan of cream cheese frosting but this wasn't like regular cream cheese frosting because it's vegan.

This chocolate marshmallow cupcake was my favorite of the ones I tasted - a very rich, dark ganache on top and fluffy marshmallow inside and a very rich chocolate cake:

Sprinkles Cupcakes Beverly Hills chocolate marshmallow cupcake

Sprinkles Cupcakes Beverly Hills chocolate marshmallow cupcake

Sprinkles Cupcakes chocolate peanut butter cupcake
This was my second favorite...the chocolate peanut butter cupcake, which has chocolate chips in the batter of the peanut butter cake (!!), which reminded me of taking out chocolate chip cookies from the oven. They were warm and gooey. This one had chocolate frosting but sometimes there's peanut butter frosting on top!

Sprinkles Cupcakes Beverly Hills strawberry cupcake
Strawberry cupcake - also very moist and delicious

Sprinkles Cupcakes cupcake mix
Sprinkles cupcake mix

Pupcakes at Sprinkles Cupcakes Beverly Hills
Pupcakes!

Sprinkles Cupcakes tray
I have to say that when I saw it on their website I thought "Really? Who needs a cupcake tray?" but in person, well, I wanted one! They have them in various colors and I could totally see serving cupcakes at a party on this.

Comments

Expat Barbie said…
i have to go check them out :) thanks for posting this.
Genevieve said…
I live on the other side of the United States and have never been to Sprinkles before. Does Sprinkles use recycled paper plates and bamboo silverware at their stores? It looks like it from your photo. If that's the case, I totally applaud them! Bravo!