2 for 1 cupcakes at Butter Lane when you mention Cupcakes Take the Cake

Update: The 2 for 1 offer below is good Monday-Wednesday until the end of February, so get there fast! We are cooking up some other fun promotions with Butter Lane so stay tuned.

I stopped by New York's Butter Lane last night after dinner, and discovered that not only do they have three new frosting flavors (chocolate/raspberry, cherry and banana, though they were out of banana), but they were hosting a cupcake class. There were I think 7 or 8 women in aprons in the back learning how to make and decorate cupcakes. The class was wrapping up but they were all very excited about it and eagerly putting their fresh cupcakes into takeout boxes.

I also learned that Butter Lane is having a blog-off: if you mention Cupcakes Take the Cake you get 2 for 1 cupcakes, so you'll get 2 cupcakes for $3 as opposed to 1. Very cool! You can also follow them at @butterlane on Twitter to keep up with their latest cupcake happenings.

Butter Lane cupcakes

I tried chocolate raspberry frosting on vanilla cake and cherry frosting on banana cake, even though I'm not really a cherry person. The chocolate raspberry was very good, rich and I didn't need too much of it to make it work, but I didn't taste much raspberry. I liked the cherry a lot; I do like fresh cherries, like the one on top of the cupcake, and this flavor was more like that than what we think of as "cherry flavor," like cherry cough drops. It was fresh and delicious and paired perfectly with the banana.

My big question for next time is...dare I try banana frosting on a banana cake, or is that overkill?

Butter Lane cupcakes
Valentine's Day cupcakes

Butter Lane new frosting flavor signs

Butter Lane cupcakes

Butter Lane cupcakes
Cupcakes made by students in their cupcake class - the next one is Monday, April 5th from 8 to 10 pm. Call to register.

Butter Lane
123 East 7th Street
New York, NY 10009
212-677-2880
hello at butterlane.com

Comments