Double frosted ice cream cone cupcake at Wink Cupcakes

I visited so many cupcake bakeries my teeth hurt by the end of the day (not kidding). I now have to figure out how to eat all the ones I have in my hotel room even though (yes, cupcake blogger blasphemy alert!) I really just want to take a long, long walk and find some veggies, especially because we have a meetup tonight (5-7, Trophy Cupcakes, Wallingford).

For now, some snapshots, when I have some time (I fly back to New York tonight and then fly to Minneapolis Sunday for the cupcake meetup that's 3-5 at Cupcake) I'll do a more thorough critique and get my photos into proper Flickr sets. Follow @cupcakeblog on Twitter for some in-the-moment Tweets.

Here are a few from Wink Cupcakes, whose motto is "Making Seattle Sweeter One Cupcake at a Time." They also sell ice cream and little cupcake items, like cards (which were $3.50 but marked $2.75, oddly enough) and Bella Cupcake Couture wrappers and cupcake bath bombs.

I tried a vanilla/vanilla ice cream cone cupcake (I think it was $2) and found it was tough to eat; I started to take a bite and got frosting on my nose! Then, to my shock, there was frosting in the bottom too! Photo TK because my phone died at that point.

They had mini mini cupcakes:



And giant jumbo cupcakes:



And peanut butter cupcakes with Hershey's Kisses on top:



And, of course, they are @WinkCupcakes on Twitter and are on Facebook.

Comments