Disney Food Blog’s “You Won’t Believe This” cupcakes look amazing

I'm not sure how I came across Disney Food Blog (tagline: "food IS a theme park"), but once I did, I was hooked! They have an ongoing "You Won't Believe This!" cupcake feature that recently has posted about several cupcakes. All photos posted with permission.

The first, below, is the white chocolate elephant cupcake. The photo is by Sarah of the blog Kitchen Catastrophes, and she offers up a review.



Photos/review excerpts from Disney Food Blog, click on cupcake name to go to the full review:


Butterfinger muffin (which I think we can all agree is really a cupcake!):

And what did I find?!? Chocolate Frosting! Chocolate Frosting in the middle of the cupcake! Oh my heavens! I’m pretty sure I died and went to heaven. Whoever invented this cupcake/muffin took all of my guilty pleasures and wrapped them into one ginormous mountain of happiness.


Chocolate peanut butter cupcake

And on top of the frosting sit huge curls of milk chocolate! It would truly be impossible to get a bite of this thing without cutting it first!

But something you don’t even notice when you start eating is that the chocolate cake has chocolate chips incorporated into the batter, so you get that added burst of chocolate as you’re eating.





Marble cupcake

This mountain of sugary goodness is made of marbled vanilla and chocolate cake topped with swirls of that same heavy vanilla frosting found piled on top of the Butterfinger Cupcake. And this isn’t your “light whipped cream” frosting, either — this stuff’s got some serious fat in it. And, in my world, fat makes a good frosting!

Comments

el said…
those cupcakes look sooooooo good! oh my gosh the butterfinger one & the marble one! the frosting sounds amazinggg.
AJ said…
Thanks for posting these, Cupcakes TTC!! El, the frosting is incredible! Really "stands up on its own."
steph said…
I recreated the Butterfinger cupcake at home. Check it out: http://plainchicken.blogspot.com/2010/02/starring-rolls-butterfinger-cupcakes.html

They were so good at Disney, I couldn't wait to go back to have one!