Making up for Birthday Cake Debt


Last year, I found myself in a peculiar situation that I wouldn't wish upon any of our dear readers here. I shared a joint birthday, yet neither of us had a crumb of birthday cake the entire day. The math just doesn't add up:

2 Birthday girls + 0 Birthday cake = Cake debt.

Logically, this year I vowed to make up for it with double the amount of cake and/or cupcakes, and it seems I'm off to a good start towards achieving that goal. At the end of the work day yesterday, I was presented with an early birthday gift: a fresh chocolate cupcake and pistachio French macarons from Manhattan Valley local favorite, Silver Moon Bakery, and a bottle of champagne all bundled up in - what else? - a glittery cupcake gift bag.

Eating that first bite of rich chocolate cake with a buttery, smooth, meringue buttercream at the stroke of midnight was worth the wait. 1 down, many more cupcakes to go.

Comments

noelia said…
hello!!!i am spanish and i like too much your cupcakes!!i´m not esperience in this and my english is not very good,but ...you are very very good!!!
please sorry for my languaje and congratulations,your page is perfect!!!!
kisses!!!!!
Noelia
Joanna said…
We share the same birthday! Happy Birthday =)