Erica of the blog Sweet Tooth made these vegan mocha cupcakes, using a recipe she has posted that's adapted from a favorite of ours, Love and Olive Oil, and writes:
Although I couldn't have wished for a tastier end-result, I must admit my visions for the frosting weren't completely met. I wanted to pipe tall mountains of mocha "butter"cream goodness, but the frosting never really kept its shape. I blame the vegan margarine, and more confectioners sugar might have helped thicken the consistency, but the frosting was already sweet enough. Any tips for making pipe-able vegan frosting? Although it might not have been the best for piping, Kori's sister mentioned that it'd make a great filling for whoopie pies and I totally agree.
Although I couldn't have wished for a tastier end-result, I must admit my visions for the frosting weren't completely met. I wanted to pipe tall mountains of mocha "butter"cream goodness, but the frosting never really kept its shape. I blame the vegan margarine, and more confectioners sugar might have helped thicken the consistency, but the frosting was already sweet enough. Any tips for making pipe-able vegan frosting? Although it might not have been the best for piping, Kori's sister mentioned that it'd make a great filling for whoopie pies and I totally agree.
Comments