Chelsea makes (chocolate) mountains out of cupcake molehills



From a friend (Shari) of a friend (Michael) in the River Oaks part of Texas:

"My 15-year-old daughter Chelsea wanted to make cupcakes to sell at our garage sale. She is a figure skater and is competing in the Southwest Regional Championships in Colorado Springs, Colorado, this October. This was to raise money for her to buy a special skating shirt.

She had been working on the cupcakes for a while and then I heard an “Oh no!!" from the kitchen. I ran in because I thought she had gotten hurt! She explained she had forgot to spray or coat the tins to prevent sticking. I told her not to mind – we would see how they turned out.

When they were done, I took a knife and ran it around the inside of the tin the as best I could. I pulled one out and it was pretty stuck and gooey on the bottom (she had put chocolate chips in with yellow cake mix batter). So I suggested we just turn them out and try and sell them as is and call them "Chocolate Mountains." She liked the idea and ran with it.

She decided to put dark chocolate icing on them and sprinkle them with powdered sugar. And that’s how we came up with the Chocolate Mountain Cupcakes. They were actually very good, too!"






Chelsea at the bake sale inside the garage sale.





The Chocolate Mountain Cupcake.






Chelsea with her mom Shari and their sweet puppy.



All images by TxMagik, who reports that the bake sale items were, indeed, yummy. Here's hoping Chelsea raised the money she needed! Aren't cupcakes a great way to spread the word (and wealth)?


;)

Comments

Lacey said…
Wow,
What a adorable story i live in the springs and love ice skating. The mountains look delicious and it was a creative idea ill have to remember that next time i forget the pam. I hope chelsea has good luck with raising the money for her new outfit!