A Duo of Chocolate Cupcakes At Baked

A Duo of Chocolate Cupcakes From Baked
A few weeks ago Baked owners Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito invited me to stop by for a visit.  Yesterday I went and had a blast! I have been to Baked many times before, but usually on the weekend when it is busy.  It is de rigueur for me to eat a Sweet and Salty cupcake whenever I go to Baked. For the uninitiated, the Sweet and Salty is a dark chocolate cupcake infused with caramel and caramel chocolate ganache frosting and topped with sea salt (fleur de sel, if you're fancy). Renato suggested that I try Baked's take on the Hostess cupcake. The chocolate ganache with rich chocolate cake and creamy filling is a first class upgrade on a classic snack cake. Baked makes granola, brownies, pies and marshmallows in addition to cupcakes. In case you missed it, read Matt's pie vs cupcake editorial.

Comments