My Cupcake Favorites of 2011

Ah. The New Year is upon us! 2011 brought us some crazy newsworthy events as well as some cupcake delights! I present to you my "Top 5" favorite cupcake finds/moments of 2011!

1) Of course at the top of my list is becoming an intern for Cupcakes Take The Cake! Without this opportunity I wouldn't be able to share all my awesome cupcake finds with you all!

2) Cake Pops! These babycakes on sticks are not only fantastically adorable but fun to make and eat!


3) Tasting a Crumbs cupcake...life changing. Seriously, the Pistachio cupcake was one of the best cupcakes I have ever had. EVER.


4) Learning about savory cupcakes! I had no idea savory cupcakes existed and now that I do, I have all sorts of ideas of how to create them! The best savory cupcake I heard of is created by Robicelli's, their Chicken and Waffles cupcake!



5) After learning about savory cupcakes finally trying a sweet meets savory cupcake...a Maple Bacon cupcake from The Cake Mamas! My mouth is drooling just thinking about it. It was dessert meets breakfast with a salty kick. I was skeptical at first but I'm a firm believer in savory/sweet now!

(Not from The Cake Mamas)

Comments

Cupcake Crazy Gem said…
Yess tasting Crumbs cupcakes was the best cupcake related thing I did this year too!!! They are definitely the best cupcakes I have ever eaten!