New Fall Flavors at Prohibition Bakery


I had some much-needed deliciousness in my life yesterday from a trip to Prohibition Bakery. I stopped by to chat with co-owner Leslie about cupcakes and booze, and she treated me to the two new flavors she and Brooke have been working on: the Saucy Pumpkin and Mulled Wine.

The saucy pumpkin is a spiced pumpkin cake with sage ganach, toasted pepitas frosting and topped with some fried sage leaf. Soo good! Perfect for Thanksgiving.  







This image (which I snagged from the website, with permission) has Divine chocolate filling, not sure if mine did or not.




The mulled wine is a mulled spice cake filled with thickened red wine and a pear brandy frosting. The frosting has a touch of beet powder for color, as the bakery doesn't use any artificial colorings. I'm not a drinker and was worried about the kick in this one but although it was definitely there, it wasn't too-too much. Oh, and I only had a half of one.  *grin* Better safe than sorry.




(Again, image used with permission from the website.)



;)






Comments