Interview With Amanda Rettke, Author of Surprise-Inside Cakes

Amanda Rettke is a veteran blogger and author of one of the most beautiful cookbooks that I have seen this year, Surprise-Inside Cakes. We asked her a few questions.

How did you get started blogging?
I started about 10 years ago with my blog, i am mommy, when I was pregnant with my first child. I started iambaker in 2009.

What was your inspiration to write Surprise Inside Cakes?
My life was the inspiration… the people that I love and the things that we do on a day-to-day. I also am inspired by the weird things going on in my head; like fond memories of preppy clothes from high school and the desire to innocently capture heaven in hell in a cake!

What is your all-time favorite cake or cupcake?
I love my Neapolitan Hi-Hat Cake, I but am especially close to the Rose Cake the I created in 2011.

What's the best advice would you give to new bakers?
HAVE FUN! Experiment!

What baking tool, other than a mixer, is the most essential for a baker?
A beautiful cake stand never hurts. ;)

Comments