Review and Recipe: NaturAlmond Almond Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

Almond Butter from @NaturAlmond. #Georgia #food
A few weeks ago, it was National Peanut Butter Day. Now, I can't really celebrate it. Like many people, I am allergic to peanuts. However, I love almonds, but I have never had almond butter. A publicist sent me a sample of the original NaturAlmond's Almond Butter. NaturAlmond is locally sourced, no sugar added, certified kosher almond butter made here in suburban Altanta. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like this spread. It's a little crunchy, but the texture is nice. Since getting it, I have had almond butter on English muffins, almond butter and jelly sandwiches and even almond butter cream cheese frosting. I adapted this recipe based on a peanut butter buttercream recipe from the cookbook, The Dollop Book of Frosting

Almond Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
  •  1/2 cup of NaturAlmond almond butter
  •  4 tbsp of cream cheese, softened 
  • 2 cups of confectioner's sugar
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 
  • 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract (optional) 
Instructions
    Cream butter in mixing bowl on low speed. If you have a paddle attachment, use it. If not, then make sure that butter is extra soft, but not melted. Add in cream cheese and beat until smooth. Add in almond butter for 3 minutes on medium speed. Add in vanilla and almond extract and continue mixing. Dial back down to low speed, and then add in the confectioner's sugar slowly. Mix until light and fluffy for about 5 minutes. This frosting is great for chocolate cupcakes,  vanilla cupcakes and brownies. I have been smothering Red Velvet Oreos in the frosting. It's delicious!

Comments