Cake By The Ocean: This Week's Best Links About Cake



Gorgeous in Grey is a beauty, lifestyle, fashion blogger and she is celebrating her one year anniversary by taking out some of her wedding cake which had been in the freezer for a year. It reminded me of this article that Addie Broyles wrote in the Texas Statesman, "What a 128-year-old piece of cake can teach us about Texas history".

I subscribe to lots of newsletters.  I don't read all of them, but I usually read R. Eric Thomas' missives.  Today, he was talking about cupcakes and carrot cakes and he linked to my friend Allison Robicelli's carrot cake recipe which thankfully doesn't have pineapple, coconut or raisins.

I don't know Chelsea Peretti personally but I used to see her perform stand-up comedy in New York about ten years ago. Now, she's on Brooklyn Nine-Nine and she's prolific on Twitter and Instagram.  Yesterday, she posted a photo of the sweet mess she made of a slice of chocolate cake. She doesn't like frosting, and the internet went wild.

Comments