Burnt Marshmallow Cupcakes at Hope and Union

The craziest frosting I've ever seen.
Burnt Marshmallow Cupcakes, originally uploaded by tangentialism.

So, I was on Flickr today, looking at all of their photos that are tagged with either "cupcake" or "cupcakes" when I came across this amazing photo above.

Turns out that these "Burnt Marshmallow Cupcakes" are NYC cupcakes--and, more specifically, Williamsburg, Brooklyn cupcakes. Who knew?

They are for sale at Hope and Union, 366 Union St.; (718) 599-2655.

While googling to find out more, I saw that this NY Daily News article about cupcakes gave Hope and Union a low review, with critical comments like "I was dying to try it, but I didn't like the topping at all. The cake just kind of fell away, and the topping was gooey."

Of course, I take this with a grain of salt, as they also gave a higher review to Billy's Bakery than to Sugar Sweet Sunshine, when in my experience, Billy's cupcakes are dry while SSS's cupcakes are perfection every time.

So, I'll just have to make my way out to Hope and Union, try this cupcake and report back. Oh, the work we do here at the cupcake blog. Really, it's never-ending!

Comments

Rachel said…
Maybe I'll buy us some as a reward for room cleaning? These look extra yummy. I want US to be consulted when the next big cupcake article comes out. I may even try my hand at baking some one of these days.

Also, our technorati is taking off...

see link and link! love it, especially the foreign one - cupcakes are clearly a universal treat!