William Greenberg Cupcakes on the Upper East Side






William Greenberg cupcakes, originally uploaded by alizinha.

I was on the Upper East Side this past Saturday for Guggenheim's Aztec exhibit and to have brunch at E.A.T.

Happened upon William Greenberg Jr. Desserts, to which the NY Times gave high praise back in November of 2003:
The vanilla cupcake from William Greenberg Jr. Desserts, for example, was superb. The yellow cake was delicate and slightly moist with a mild lemon tinge. Unlike so many others, it was the classic cupcake shape, with a mushroom head extending just barely beyond the circumference of the cylinder....
Unfortunately for me, I forgot to get a vanilla cupcake. Instead I tried a taste of both chocolate cupcakes pictured, and shared a brownie and a black-and-white cookie. (Not all in one day, mind you.)

It was right before Valentine's Day, so the store was very red and pink.

All in all, I liked their desserts, but I'm curious now to try the yellow cupcake!




William Greenberg window, originally uploaded by alizinha.

Comments