Cupcake band interview March 15th

My awesome from Shirley Braha called recently and said, "My friend told me about this cupcake blog, and I saw that you're one of the people involved. Can you recommend a good bakery where I could sit down and do an interview with a band?" Of course I could, and was totally flattered and excited to be asked. I recommended sugar Sweet sunshine, and you can see the results in her interview with The Animal Collective on March 15th (and also check out all the other cool NYC band stuff on this site):

Episode 22: The Animal Collective Eats Cupcakes
The votes are in: Cupcakes are great, and NYC's The Animal Collective are awesome. Put 'em together and you got one heck of a show! At Sugar Sweet Sunshine, a bakery in the Lower East Side, we interviewed this psych-folk band over a bakers dozen. Hear them talk about the transition from playing in their basements in Baltimore (much to the bewilderment of their parents), to selling out shows at the Bowery Ballroom in New York. Music videos by Ariel Pink, Suburban Kids with Biblical Names, Devendra Banhart and more. Thanks goes out to Cupcake Queen Rachel Kramer Bussell at cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com
Premiere: March 15th, 2005

Comments

spicycontent said…
So best! Congratulations!