Cupcake progress report

I'm happy to report that the cupcake baking was a success. I tasted part of one at home and it was crumbly and delicious, and our pink, hand-beaten frosting was the bomb. Duncan Hines, though there was some debate last night from a few DH lovers, was a far second. All the cupcakes got eaten, and it was less a slow, sexy cupcake eating than a mad dash to gobble them, but everyone seemed to enjoy them. I actually didn't get to watch too many people eat them because they seemed to disappear quite quickly but I had many a discussion about bakeries and cupcake techniques and things. And, most importantly, the birthday boy appreciated them, even though someone (the mystery remains) ate the one we had set aside for him, though there was a lonely last cupcake left that we managed to salvage.

It's interesting how after a whole day of baking, whether from tasting bits of sugar all day or a whole apartment smelling like baked goods, I just had no interest in having any cupcakes myself. It could've been the drinks, and that's another hotly debated cupcake topic (feel free to chime in in the comments) - do cupcakes go well with alcohol? - but I think it was more that I just wanted to look at them, I felt like I had sugar up my nose. Which I kindof did from this hot Sephora marshmallow body powder that got put on me before we left or, as my friend Shari said, "you're frosted."

As for today, let's just say that it's a good thing I'm a girl who likes doing dishes. I basically left all common sense elsewhere yesterday and did not soak any of the dishes, so I have to do that now and scrub them all. But well worth it, and I have a party coming up in 2 weeks so can even test out my own oven, which I know works, I've seen it in action, just haven't actually used it myself. Thank you so, so much for the cupcake blog group effort; we should do that more often! Stay tuned (I think) for the podcast, which has to be edited for...profanity and ludicrousness. Or not.

Comments

Yeah I definitely want a (profanity-laden) podcast, pronto!