Our latest cupcake interview - with Paul Sarkis!

(Paul also took some photos of me eating cupcakes but I deemed them too hot for the cupcake blog. If I find one that's PG-rated, I'll post it.)

Name: Paul Sarkis
Age: 38
Location: New York City
Occupation: Editor/Photographer

How often do you eat cupcakes?

About once a fortnight (i'm trying to keep my cholesterol down)

What's the best thing about eating cupcakes?

Chocolatey frosting!

What's your favorite type of cupcake?

I'm ashamed to admit that it's those Hostess fudge cupcakes with the cream filling that come two to a package. They're a treat that goes back to my childhood. And there's something comforting about the way they're packaged in that little plastic brassiere, so safe and cozy.

How do cupcakes compare/contrast to other baked goods for you?

I'm a fan of all baked goods but I appreciate the tidy, single serving qualitiy of the cupcake.

Is there any innovation you'd like to see made to the cupcake that would improve it for you?

I would like to see layered cupcakes, like miniature versions of wedding cakes.

Do you bake your own cupcakes? Or (even better) have someone who bakes them for you?

I bake 'em occasionally.

What's your first cupcake-related memory?

The aforementioned Hostess cupcakes. I'd buy a pack at lunch in junior high.

What's the most fun you've ever had with a cupcake?

Well, I haven't impaled one on the end of my penis or anything. I do love eating the filled Hostess cupcakes, though. I go through a little ritual where I nibble away at the bottom until the creamy goodness starts to ooze out. Then I stick my tongue in and lick it clean. Sometimes I'll use my fingers. Finally, I devour the top part that's left, with all that sugary, chocolatey frosting. When I'm feeling really kinky, I'll try to remove that white, spiral of decorative frosting from the top of the cupcake in one, unbroken piece. That takes patience.

Any other thoughts on the topic?

Cupcakes: all the fun of cake without a fork!

Comments