a weekend cupcake interview

Rachel contacted us and was totally excited to take our cupcake interview. If you want to take it too, please email us at cupcakestakethecake at yahoo.com

Congratulations to Rachel on her wedding - we here at Cupcakes Take the Cake think cupcakes make excellent wedding treats!

Name: Rachel R.
Age: 25
Location: Baltimore, MD
Occupation: public school teacher
URL: Unicycle, the weblog of Progoddess

How often do you eat cupcakes?

At least monthly!

What's the best thing about eating cupcakes?

The icing and the fact that there is no "edge" that you get with cake. You know, the part that touches the cakepan and is a little hard and chewy? Cupcake liners eliminate that.

What's your favorite type of cupcake?

Despite my legendary love of dark chocolate, I actually love vanilla cupcakes with vanilla butter cream or cream cheese icing best. All though the Two Little Red Hens Bakery in NYC makes a great Brooklyn Blackout Cupcake that is chocolate-y goodness.

How do cupcakes compare/contrast to other baked goods for you?

While I like other baked goods, what I love that it's a tiny cake made just for me. No sharing!

Is there any innovation you'd like to see made to the cupcake that would improve it for you?

A really easy recipe for dark chocolate icing that's not too bitter or bland or too sweet.

Do you bake your own cupcakes? Or (even better) have someone who bakes them for you?

I do make my own cupcakes. My favorites to make are coconut
cupcakes
and href="http://coconutlime.blogspot.com/2004/07/celebration-cupcakes.html">"celebration" cupcakes which are vanilla flavored and really moist. Baltimore doesn't have a good cupcake bakery, but my husband is from Staten Island and when ever we are in New York, we make a list of NYC cupcake bakeries to try. Our favorite so far? Two Little Red Hens, no question. Perfect icing, moist
cake. Yum.

What's your first cupcake-related memory?

I'm not sure, I really think I have gotten more cupcake obsessed as
I've gotten older.

What's the most fun you've ever had with a cupcake?

Well I got married wearing a pair of href="http://www.amyville.com">cupcake earrings. Does that count?

Any other thoughts on the topic?

My husband and I were married a few weeks ago (March 25th) at the courthouse
and his parents are throwing us a party on April 16th to celebrate. It's being catered, but I was horrified to find that among the dessert choices there were no cupcakes. So I am bringing my own: celebration cupcakes with bright aqua cream cheese icing. What's a party without cupcakes?

Comments