Cupcake blog roommate interview


martha3, originally uploaded by candiedyams.



Name: Martha Burzynski
Age: 25
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Occupation:  Professional dilettante?
URL: Alice Ayers

How often do you eat cupcakes?
 
When inspired-either with lovely ladies who know how to do them so well (ahem, brazilian muse, ahem), or when waking up above sugar Sweet sunshine and making a breakfast out of a mily coffee and a cupcake.

What's the best thing about eating cupcakes?
 
A cupcake is a personal-sized frosted indulgance and I love savoring that. And aesthetically pleasing food always gets my vote.

What's your favorite type of cupcake?
 
Chocalate cake, chocalate frosting, whimsy added.

How do cupcakes compare/contrast to other baked goods for you?
 
Cupcakes have personality- I love red velvet cake and while that oozes sensuality, it'll never be as personal as cupcakes. Cupcakes  let you have your own personal cake and love eating it.

Is there any innovation you'd like to see made to the cupcake that would improve it for you?
 
I'm been corrected before when I've called sprinkles confetti, so I'd like to involve actual confetti in a cupcake experience- maybe a waitress could be involved in the fluttering down as it's placed before the lucky girl?

Do you bake your own cupcakes? Or (even better) have someone who bakes them for you?
 
No, I fuck up toast.  I am lucky to have talented friends (and, ahem, proprietresses of blogs, ahem) and live in a city with so many cupcake options- I especially love that Sugar Sweet Sunshine is open so early- it's a great surprise as I am not a morning person.

What's your first cupcake-related memory?
 
I remember having them instead of cake at my thirteenth birthday party, the only one so far that also involved a flash thunderstorm, both were pretty different and dramatic. And I've liked 'em ever since.

What's the most fun you've ever had with a cupcake?

I like eating them with friends, even liked being watched eating them. Is that kinky?
 
Hey, that was fun.

Comments

click said…
Hey, I see you link citizen cupcake in SF on your blogger.. have you ever actually eaten a cupcake there?

Well, I took the plunge and tried it last time I hit the city (since I live across the bay) and I have to say that I was pretty dissapointed. The size of the cupcake, at 2.50 a pop, was pretty dissapointing and while the flavor was overall pretty good both mine (chocolate) and my boyfriends (vanilla) were quite stale. If some place specialized in cupcakes and sells little more than that (they sell coffee and a few pastries and bottled drinks), I would expect them to be the epitome of a good cupcake.

Further, I didn't enjoy the hike past tremendous amounts of marketing up the Virgin records store to their third floor where htey have rented space at the back of the cd collections. I had to actually walk past most of hte store in order to get there.
Anonymous said…
citizen cake is better than citizen cupcake... i think they're only called "cupcake" because they are a small outlet of the big Citizen Cake... which is also overpriced and underwhelming, but fresh and definitely worth a try.