Cupcake interview with Nikita Kashner

Name: Nikita Kashner
Age: 20
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Occupation: Jewelry Designer

How often do you eat cupcakes?

I like to have cupcake moment at least once a week, just me and a cupcake (or two).

What's the best thing about eating cupcakes?

As much as I love the frosting, I'm going to have to say the cake; I'm a cake kind of girl.

What's your favorite type of cupcake?

A vanilla cupcake with choc-mint frosting.

How do cupcakes compare/contrast to other baked goods for you?

Other baked goods wish they were yummy cupcakes, nothing beats a nice cupcake.

Is there any innovation you'd like to see made to the cupcake that would improve it for you?

A bakery that sells lactose free cupcakes, it's not hard, the ingredients are there.

Do you bake your own cupcakes? Or (even better) have someone who bakes them for you?

I always bake my cupcakes because I'm lactose intolerant and I'm yet to find a local bakery that makes lactose free cupcakes.
I'm also yet to find my cupcake baking soul mate who'll bake for me.

What's your first cupcake-related memory?

Watching my grandmother using her lime green bowls to make some vanilla cupcakes.

What's the most fun you've ever had with a cupcake?

At a birthday party I slowly and suggestively licked the frosting off one to make everyone laugh (yeah, I'm a dork).

Any other thoughts on the topic?

Viva la cupcake!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm looking for a lactose free cupcake receipe to make for my brother-in-law, who is EXTREMELY intolerant. Can you print a couple for me?