Chelsea Peretti: The comedian cupcake interview

Chelsea Peretti is one of our favorite comedians, and also a cupcake eater.

Name: Chelsea
Age: 27
Location: NYC
Occupation: Comic/Writer
URLs: chelseaperetti.com, chelseaperetti.blogspot.com, punrisepunset.blogspot.com, varietyshac.com

How often do you eat cupcakes?

Not too often, they make me fat.

What's the best thing about eating cupcakes?

How good they taste.

What's your favorite type of cupcake?

Yellow cake, choc frosting. Cake should be moist and cakey not dense or doughy and the frosting should not thick and heavy like pure butter. I like light and creamy and not too much. Pls. don't pile it up. Contact me for roving delivery dropoff points, I'll be on my cell. Or text me, I'll txt u bck.

How do cupcakes compare/contrast to other baked goods for you?

They do pretty well for themselves. Great idea on the
paper bottom! Makes it easier to hold while I'm shoving it down my throat.

Is there any innovation you'd like to see made to the cupcake that would improve it for you?

No thank you.

Do you bake your own cupcakes? Or (even better) have someone who bakes them for you?

No on both. I use my money to purchase them, coldly.

What's your first cupcake-related memory?

I had a boo-boo.

What's the most fun you've ever had with a cupcake?

Eating it bigtime!

Any other thoughts on the topic?

Sometimes from scratch isn't as good as a mix. Betty
Crocker Duncan Hines. Mocha frosting is good sometimes. I like cake too. Like yellow cake with choc frosting or
lemon cake, more tart than sweet. I also like pie: fruit and berry again, esp. tart ones. Visit my blog:
http://cakeandcupcakes_n_cake_and_pies.blogspot.com/

Comments

Shana said…
I have never had a cupcake that made me laugh. But every time I have seen Chelsea Peretti LIVE, ONSTAGE, she has made me laugh. Therefore, Chelsea P. (frosted or not) is better than cupcakes.