Wedding Cupcakes!


cupcaketower
Originally uploaded by rkb1.
Reader Anne sent in this photo of her wedding cupcake tower, made by Sweet Lisa's Bakery in Greenwich, Connecticut. It was the first cupcake tower the baker had ever made, and the bridge, groom and guests were very happy with it.

Writes Anne:

"As a lifelong cupcake aficionado, I'd long had the concept of having a tower of cupcakes as a wedding cake, but by the time I got around to getting married it was starting to become slightly trendy. Oh well! Still, the bakery we used had never made a cupcake tower before and they were, I think, a bit befuddled by the concept. My friend, who was also my floral designer, ended up art-directing the whole thing. I think it turned out amazingly well -- and the cupcakes were fabulous. Half were yellow cake with a buttercream frosting, the other half were chocolate chiffon cake with a chocolate truffle frosting. They froze up quite nicely and tasted perfect a year later on our anniversary

They were much less messy than a regular cake, and everyone liked that they could just go up and pluck a cupcake off the tower instead of waiting for a piece to come to them. We got lots of good reviews from guests on both the concept and the cake...we had done a "scientific" tasting of many cupcakes from different area bakeries before settling on the ones we thought were tastiest and looked best."

Comments

Unknown said…
This is a great site - I am planning on doing a "cupcake tower" for my wedding, but am debating on what type of tower to use. Do you have any recomendations?
Anonymous said…
i found a great site for cupcake towers at http://www.cakes4fun.co.uk/html/wedding-cupcakes.html
Anonymous said…
check out www.cupcaketree.com
Anonymous said…
Go to www.weddingfads.com they have a couple of crystal clear cupcake towers.
They look really nice and they're not expensive.
Dahlia's Day said…
I just dropped by your wonderful site while searching for wedding cupcakes. I love your blog on cupcakes and featured your blog on my blog.
Anonymous said…
Great site. You can view more on this topic at wedding cupcakes. They have an article about decorating and a recipe.