Shannon the Cupcake Lady takes our interview

Name: Shannon aka The Cupcake Lady
Age: 20's
Location: So. California
Occupation: Artist
URL: http://www.craftandbake.tv/

How often do you eat cupcakes?

I eat cupcakes 2 times a month on average. Though when school is in session, I make them on a regular basis for my son's classroom parties.

What's the best thing about eating cupcakes?

Each one can be personalized. I love lots of icing, so when I make them, I can add an extra dollop or two . . . or three to my stash of cupcakes.

What's your favorite type of cupcake?

Homemade chocolate cupcakes with brightly colored icing.

How do cupcakes compare/contrast to other baked goods for you?

There is no comparison. Cupcakes take the cake!

Is there any innovation you'd like to see made to the cupcake that would improve it for you?

How about one baking pan that has both miniature and regular size holes for cupcakes?  I'd also dig a larger Cup-A-Cake container . . . maybe a Cup-A-Cake six pack or something?!?!

Do you bake your own cupcakes? Or (even better) have someone who bakes them for you?

I bake my own.  I've never had someone bake them for me before.

What's your first cupcake-related memory?

Well, I started baking cupcakes about 9 years ago. I made a batch of cupcakes in ice cream cones for a barbeque and they weer gone within minutes. From there on out I make a point to bring cupcakes to any function calling for a dessert. 

What's the most fun you've ever had with a cupcake?

Decorating cupcakes is fun in general, so I'd have to say that every time I make a batch, it's the most fun I've had with a cupcake.

Any other thoughts on the topic?

I declare today National Cupcake Day!

Comments