Cupcake interview with Tania Katan, author of My One-night Stand With Cancer

Yay! I emailed Tania Katan to tell her we'd posted her book cover and she has now taken our cucpake interview. And I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER BOOK ">My One-night Stand With Cancer to all of you. It's a hilarious, touching, moving, real, honest account of her getting breast cancer, twice, at ages 21 and 30, and is the last thing you'd ever expect from a cancer memoir. She is courageous, brave, and most of all, totally funny! Really. And remember, YOU can take our cupcake interview too, just email us at cupcakestakethecake at yahoo.com

Name: Tania Katan
Age: 34
Location: Los Angeles
Occupation: Writer
URL: www.taniakatan.blog-city.com

How often do you eat cupcakes?

Whenever I can!

What's the best thing about eating cupcakes?

It's like eating an entire cake, but with none of the ramifications.

What's your favorite type of cupcake?

A large one with a good frosting-to-cake ratio.

How do cupcakes compare/contrast to other baked goods for you?

If you put a cupcake into a boxing ring, the cupcake, with its sturdy stature and sugary mountain of frosting, it could kick the crap out of the brownie, cookie and lemon bar.

Is there any innovation you'd like to see made to the cupcake that would improve it for you?

If the USDA put 12 servings of cupcakes on the top of their Food Pyramid.

Do you bake your own cupcakes? Or (even better) have someone who bakes them for you?

No, I don't bake my own cupcakes. And if I'm understanding the second part of your question, YES, you can send me some cupcakes!

What's your first cupcake-related memory?

When my dog Kooshka was about to be put to sleep, my mom gave her a big, doggy cupcake to lure her to the vet's office.

What's the most fun you've ever had with a cupcake?

Do I have to mention names?

Any other thoughts on the topic?

The cupcake is the perfect metaphor for a one-night stand; it's alluring, sexy, ephemeral- then you bite into it and realize that the frosting stains your lips, and there are all those empty calories, and much like a one-night stand, you should only have one, but you keep coming back for more!

Comments