Cupcake interview with T.A. Hines

Funky Brown Chick to read at Blogger Sex Night, In The Flesh Reading Series, January 17th

Name: T.A. Hines (funkybrownchick)
Age: 32
Location: New York City, baby!
Occupation: Writer | Editor | Blogger | Sexpot
URL: http://www.funkybrownchick.com

How often do you eat cupcakes?

When my resistance to them is particularly weak, I probably eat an average of 1.5 cupcakes a week. Hey, you know, they're only $2 or less a pop, right? So, it's easy to fall into the habit of eating them quite regularly. The good news is this: Sometimes I can go weeks at a time without eating even one cupcake.

What's the best thing about eating cupcakes?

Bite sized morsels of happiness. Just enough goodness to satiate every inch of my heart's sweet tooth's desires. Not enough badness to trigger my fatphobia.

What's your favorite type of cupcake?

Yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting and chocolate cupcakes with white frosting. In both cases, hold the sprinkles and other crunchy accoutrement.

How do cupcakes compare/contrast to other baked goods for you?

Oddly enough, I don't really like other "sweets." I'm just really into chocolate. Cupcakes are another outlet for my chocolate addiction.

Is there any innovation you'd like to see made to the cupcake that would improve it for you?

The complete annihilation of non-chocolate (or chocolate frosted) cupcakes from the face of the planet.

Do you bake your own cupcakes? Or (even better) have someone who bakes them for you?

Alas, sadly, no one bakes cupcakes for this single little brown chick. Sadness fills my heart, I tell ya. So, in the absence of a gorgeous naked man to bake me cupcakes, I have to resort to making my own cupcakes from time to time. I do an okay job at it, but it's usually just easier to pop over to Billy's or something and get my own completly prepared cupcake.

What's your first cupcake-related memory?

It was probably in grade school because it had to be the time that someone's mom brought cupcakes in for someone's birthday. We all got to eat one. My family moved around a lot when I was a little girl, so I don't remember the exact school or grade⎯but I do remember that I thought it was pretty amazing that someone's mom actually brought us all cupcakes.

What's the most fun you've ever had with a cupcake?

I don't know that I'd say it was "fun" as much as it was "funny." I eat Billy’s cupcakes so often that ( ... and I really hate to admit this in public …) a little brown-haired girl who works the cash register once glanced at me and cheerily said, “Wow! You come here a lot, don’t you?” I wanted to spit back, “Yes, little girl, I do. Now, fuck off and give me another one of those classic chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting.” I restrained myself. It's not her fault I'm addicted to chocolate.

Do you have anything else to add?

I can't wait to make it to my first Cupcakes Take The Cake Meetup Group outing!

Comments