Cupcakes from February's LA Cupcake Meetup



All photos by Tara of When Tara Met Blog, organizer of the Los Angeles Cupcake Meetup. This last one took place at Cake and Art in West Hollywood, and I'm just jealous we weren't there to enjoy these adorable special Meetup cupcakes! See all the Cake and Art Meetup photos here. And here's Tara's writeup, excerpted below.



The cupcakes were massive and moist, reminding me of our recent visit to Crumbs bakery and like those, Cake and Art also had a lot of inventive flavors. One member said these were moister though. My absolute favorite was the Key Lime Cupcake, with key lime curd inside and lime frosting on top, it was just tart enough. Another favorite was the seasonal Pumpkin Spice, which tasted like pumpkin pie with cream cheese frosting. I also tried their special cherry blossom, with whole cherries inside, which reminded me of a fruity muffin with frosting--Zendi was a fan of it. Their most popular selling flavors though are their Red Velvet with chocolate bits inside and their traditional vanilla Birthday Cake Cupcake. I didn't get to try the Chocolate Ecstasy, but was impressed with the gold splashes on the frosting made from melted edible gold. Silver flecks were also on the Cherry Blossom.





Comments

Anonymous said…
Ladies,
Thank you for sharing about the cupcake Meetup. I clicked the link to join your group and I also found the South Bay Cooking and Culinary Meetup group.
Thank you SSSSSOOOOO very much.
I look foward to meeting you and other cupcake fans.
Jax